11 N. Main Street, Hartford
How to remove gel polish/ shellac at home:
Products needed: acetone, cotton pads cut into fourths, small squares of aluminum foil, file, orange wood stick or cuticle pusher, cuticle oil/lotion and warm towel or heating pad
1. Lightly etch the top coat of the gel polish.
2. Saturate a cotton square with acetone. Place on top of the nail and wrap with aluminum foil.
3. Once all nails are wrapped, place a warm towel on top of hands or a heating pad.
4. Wait for 5-7 minutes.
5. Remove the warm towel/heating pad, all foil and cotton pads.
6. Gently file any left over polish without damaging the natural nail. You can also gently scrape the nail with an orange wood stick or cuticle pusher.
7. Wash your hands and apply cuticle oil and lotion.